DeeplinesTM - Global analysis of risers, moorings and flowlines
DeepLinesTM : Global Analysis of Risers, Moorings and Flowlines.
DeepLines™ is part of the marine software solutions developed by Principia and IFP Energies nouvelles. DeepLines™ is based on the finite elements method and forms an integrated software solution to perform in-place and installation analyses of a wide range of offshore structures including flexible and steel risers, umbilical risers, pipelines, floating hoses and mooring lines. The software package combines a powerful finite elements engine featuring advanced modeling capabilities with an intuitive user interface offering optimum productivity through multi-threading.
- Flexible risers, umbilical and loading hoses,
- Production and drilling rigid risers,
- Hybrid riser systems such as riser towers,
- Mooring lines and multi-body offshore systems,
- Subsea equipment installation,
- Towed systems analysis,
- Pipeline S-lay, J-lay and on-bottom stability analysis,
- Design of pipelines and spools submitted to thermal loads.
DEEPLINES in Brief (643.2K)
Type of analyses
- Static and quasi-static analysis,
- Time-domain dynamic analysis,
- Frequency domain dynamic analysis,
- Design of drilling riser based on API RP 16Q,
- Modal analysis of complete risers and mooring systems,
- VIV prediction models,
- Fully coupled analysis of floating bodies & lines,
- Time-domain and frequency domain dynamic analyses can both be run from the same GUI,
- Powerful and robust finite elements method including coupled bending/torsion effects,
- Wide range of boundary conditions,
- Non-isotropic 3D seabed friction and suction effect,
- Wake models to assess drag loads on lines,
- Modeling of sliding device including friction : J-tube, guides, keel-joint, PIP, ...
- External contact between lines for clashing analysis,
- Contact with any user-defined surface, either fixed or moving (soil, moonpool, bellmouth,... )
- Automated detection of contact zones based on proximity criteria,
- Non-linear bending stiffness including hysteresis effect for modeling unbounded flexible pipes,
- Includes the effect of thermal loads for any type of temperature profile,
- Multi-linear stiffness for risers and specific elements to model synthetic ropes,
- DNV-OS-F201 and DNV-OS-F101 unity checks are available straight from the user interface,
- Assessment of in-line VIV response of pipeline span according to DNV-RP-F105.
- Intuitive user interface including a model browser and 3D view window allowing very efficient model set-up and straight access to analyses results
- Project-oriented model files including all input data and parameters required to run several analyses from the same model file
- Batch processing form enabling automation of large sets of simulations
- Multi-threaded execution of analysis and post-processing tasks
- Easy access to all model data, copy/paste facilities
- Post-processing of a wide range of results for risers, moorings and floating supports : tension, stress, curvature, built-in angles, tensioner strokes, deformed shapes, iso-angle curves for TTRs
- Batch post-processing facilities
- Clearance post-processing form
- Automated export of results to ExcelTM nd export of AVI files from the 3D View window
- Statistics on every graphs
- Fatigue analysis of steel risers and mooring lines
- Export of .MDS modal database files for input to SHEAR7
Multi-bodies fully coupled analyses with risers, mooring, and any other connections (yoke…)
- Wind, current and wave loads on a floating body,
- Low frequency analysis (with Newman’s approximation for waves loads),
- Wave frequency coupled analysis with regular or irregular waves.
- Prediction tool of Vortex-Induced Vibrations,
- Static and modal pre-analysis,
- Lock-in zones and structural response amplitude,
- VIV fatigue estimate based on SN curves,
- Modified drag coefficient,
- Analysis of anti-VIV devices.
DeepVIV in Brief (222K)
Post-processor to determine the fatigue life of a riser,
- Based on the summation of damage due to various sea-states with their probability of occurrence,
- Spectral analysis based on regular wave time-domain analyses; Stress RAO extracted from time series.
- Rainflow method for irregular waves,
- Damage calculated along the riser at several points on the circumference.
Setup application and release guides for DeepLines may be downloaded directly from the links below. It is advised that you read through the installation guide before running the setup so as to make sure that the software will be properly installed on your machine.
Installing the software without license file can be useful for model verification purposes or presentation of results to your clients. The user interface could still be opened without any valid license file, however you will not be able to save any changes to your models or perform analyses with the FE engine.
License files have been updated to meet the requirements of Version 18.104.22.168 and ensure that multi-threading is available under all circumstances. These new license files are not compatible with Version 4.5.1 and former. Compatibility of these versions with the new license files may be ensured by installing appropriate dynamic link libraries (isycntrl.dll file) on every end user machine. This file must be downloaded and copied in the “Exec” folder which contains all other executable files.
Best in class client support is provided by email at email@example.com. Our team of experienced risers design engineers will always be pleased to bring timely responses to all your queries.
Certified by Bureau Veritas based on
- Comparison with general theoretical analytical
- Solutions for beams & cables behavior
- Comparison with in-situ measurement and full scale model test (flexible)
- In - situ Measurements
- Girassol CALM buoy 6 d.o.f motions
- STRIDE JIP for VIV
Model tests trough projects or JIPs
- JIP High Compliant Riser (Bechtel)
- JIP Calm Buoy
Licences : more than 50 licenses worldwide
- TECHNIP Group - Worldwide
- TOTAL - France
- JP JENNY - Aberdeen
- BUREAU VERITAS - France
- SEAL ENGINEERING - France
- IFP - France
- AREVA R - France
- TRELLEBORG - France
- SAIPEM - Paris
- SUBSEA7- France
- DORIS ENGINEERING - France
- DORIS ENGINEERING - Brazil
- IFREMER - France
- Ecole Centrale Marseille - France
- DCNS - France
Complete offshore system